Updated on 11 July 2019 - 16:00
As you will be aware, Article 50 has been extended and the terms of the UK’s departure from the European Union has yet to be determined.
The Erasmus+ UK National Agency is working closely with the Department for Education on what this extension means for Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps (ESC), and how a no-deal scenario would affect the programmes.
We remain conscious of the uncertainty felt by programme applicants, beneficiaries, and participants, as well as by partners in other participating countries.
Despite the circumstances of the withdrawal, all existing Erasmus+ and ESC projects that have a contract to deliver funded activities are advised to continue to do so.
In terms of 2019 applications:
- For 2019 deadlines that have already passed, the process of assessment, selection and contracting for 2019 applications is ongoing.
- For remaining 2019 deadlines, organisations intending to submit applications for funding should continue to apply as planned. This includes applications submitted to the UK National Agency for decentralised Key Actions, as well as those submitted to the European Commission’s Executive Agency for centralised Actions.
In the event that the UK leaves the EU with no agreement in place, the UK Government has published guidance for Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps.
For further information, please also read the UK Government's Frequently Asked Questions relating to the guidance (819 KB). This document was last updated on 11 July 2019. Please be aware that this document will be continually updated as further information becomes available.
For any questions, you can also contact:
- [email protected] for enquiries about higher education
- [email protected] for enquiries about schools under Key Actions 1 and 2 or youth projects under Key Actions 2 and 3
- [email protected] for enquiries about vocational education and training (VET) and adult education under Key Actions 1 and 2, or youth projects under Key Action 1
- [email protected] for enquiries about the European Solidarity Corps
- Department for Education contact form for enquiries about the HMG Guarantee for Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps
- [email protected] for enquiries about the HMG Guarantee for European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus+ youth