eTwinning is a free online community for schools and FE/VET colleges in Europe. It can be your first step towards Key Action 1 Mobility and Key Action 2 Strategic Partnerships by allowing you to find partners and collaborate on classroom projects within a secured network and platform.
Through participating in eTwinning, your school or college will be able to:
- search for suitable partners across Europe to carry out small projects before applying for Erasmus+ funding;
- collaborate with other teachers and enable pupil collaboration through the secured website, grow and extend your partnership, before, during and after an Erasmus+ project;
- enrich learning and motivation of pupils (aged between 3 and 19) and staff;
- access high quality professional development and ready-made resources;
- raise standards across the whole school community;
- gain recognition for your commitment through the eTwinning awards and the International School Award.
With over 500,000 registered educators from over 40 countries across Europe and beyond, why not join the community today? Register on the pan-European website or visit the British Council's eTwinning website for more information on professional development opportunities in the UK and wider Europe, as well as UK regional case studies, resources and support.
Schools should also sign up to the European Commission (EC) portal, School Education Gateway, to find staff professional development and strategic partnership opportunities for school staff mobility (Key Action 1) and strategic partnerships (Key Action 2) Erasmus+ activities.