Erasmus+ opens doors, helping you to discover new things about yourself and the world around you by exploring unfamiliar countries, experiencing different cultures, learning new skills and making new friends.
We want to celebrate all the wonderful things you have discovered through Erasmus+.
Please send us one photo or video that captures your Erasmus+ discovery, plus a short caption explaining how this has improved your life, career or education.
Entrants will see their photos and videos featured on the Erasmus+ Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, website pages and other promotional materials.
How to take part
- Go to the competition entry page;
- Upload your photo or video. Your photo or video should be your own work or that of your organisation. It could be taken while you were abroad, running your project in the UK or even many years later;
- Complete the short form and add a caption of up to 150 words.
Does your photo or video feature anyone else?
Perhaps your photo or video features a friend, colleague, teacher or someone else you have met through Erasmus+? If so, that’s great - but we need to make sure we respect their privacy.
If they are difficult to see (e.g. they are in the background and it’s blurry), that’s fine, there’s no need to do anything.
If their face is clearly shown, or if you can hear their voice in the film and they identify themselves, please ask them to fill out this consent form (459 KB). You will then need to collect the completed forms of all the individuals in the photo/video and email them to [email protected] before 7 August 2018. If this proof of consent is not provided, then unfortunately we cannot accept your entry.
What could you win?
- Five winners will each receive a £50 'experience' voucher;
- Ten runner-up winners will each receive a £30 'experience' voucher.
Who can enter?
The Competition is open to any current or previous UK participant of the Erasmus+ or predecessor programmes (Comenius, Erasmus, Grundtvig, Leonardo, Transversal or Youth in Action) - such as a student, teacher, volunteer, young person, apprentice or staff member.
We’re looking for one maximum entry per participant – either photo or video.
Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
The judging criteria is based on submitting a photo or video which highlights your Erasmus+ Discovery, and shows the positive impact this has had on your life, career or education.
There will be 15 winning entries in total:
- There will be an online vote to select two winners, based on the number of votes they receive in our Competition Gallery from 18 June – 7 August 2018;
- The Erasmus+ UK National Agency will then select a further three winners, and 10 runner-up winners.
The winners will be announced by 21 August 2018.