Teach or train abroad

Staff at schools, institutions that hold the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education, vocational education and training and adult education organisations can teach or train at another partner school, institution or organisation in Europe as part of a Key Action 1 mobility project. Staff can also take part in training events or job shadowing in a relevant organisation abroad. Youth workers can carry out an activity that supports their professional development such as participation in seminars, training courses, contact-making events, study visits; or a job shadowing period abroad in an organisation active in the youth field. Activities can last from two days to two months.


  • Enhance the teaching and working experience
  • Generate new ideas and best practice
  • Discover alternative ways of working
  • Support your professional development
  • Exchange expertise and experience
  • Open doors for yourself, your colleagues and your learners
  • Develop your international networks
  • Increase your motivation

Can I take part?

You work at a UK:

  • school providing general, vocational or technical education on any level from pre-school to upper secondary education;
  • institution that holds an Erasmus Charter For Higher Education. You are a member of academic or administrative staff;
  • organisation actively involved in adult education;
  • organisation actively involved in vocational education and training (VET). You are a member of staff engaged in VET activities, such as support staff, managers, guidance staff, teachers and trainers;
  • organisation or group actively involved in youth work. Training and networking opportunities are for youth workers of any age.

Where can I go?

Staff teaching will take place at a partner institution or organisation; training could be at any relevant organisation in Europe. Find out which countries participate.


Erasmus+ funding is given to your sending organisation and is a contribution to the overall project costs. Funding for participants can include support towards travel and subsistence costs. Your sending organisation may also receive funding to support activities such as language and intercultural preparation for participants, special needs support for participants with disabilities and exceptional costs to support the participation of learners with fewer opportunities.

How do I take part?

Applications for funding are made at an organisational level, so please speak to the relevant department in your school, institution or organisation.