Updated on 28 February - 12:30. The UK National Agency would like to provide the latest statement from the Department for Education:
“The UK government has published its negotiating mandate for discussions with the EU about our future relationship.
As previously set out, the government remains open to considering participation in some elements of the next Erasmus+ programme, provided it is in the UK’s interest to do so. This does not include the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) programme.
The government is considering a wide range of options with regards to the future of international education exchange, including a domestic alternative.
This does not affect the UK’s participation in the current (2014-2020) programmes. Under the Withdrawal Agreement negotiated with the EU, the UK will continue to participate fully in the current (2014-2020) Erasmus+ and ESC programmes. This means that the projects successfully bid for during the current programmes will continue to receive EU funding for the full duration of the project, including those where funding runs beyond 2020 and the end of the transition period.
Organisations should continue to bid for funding under the current programmes.
Participants who study, train, volunteer or spend time abroad through Erasmus+ and ESC exchanges that were successfully bid for during the current Erasmus+ and ESC programmes (2014-2020) will be able to participate fully and for the full duration of their exchange. This covers UK participants going abroad, as well as international participants coming to the UK.
The government remains committed to international education exchanges, both with the EU and beyond.”
For any questions, you can contact:
- [email protected] for enquiries about higher education
- [email protected] for enquiries about schools under Key Actions 1 and 2 or youth projects under Key Actions 2 and 3
- [email protected] for enquiries about vocational education and training (VET) and adult education under Key Actions 1 and 2, or youth projects under Key Action 1
- [email protected] for enquiries about the European Solidarity Corps
- Department for Education contact form for enquiries about Erasmus+
- [email protected] for enquiries about European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus+ youth